When you get one day off a week, the pressure is on to make each one count. Here is a list of what not to do...
1. Wake up early.
2. Head up a resort with just enough snow to persuade you to skin from the car.
3. Follow a crazy samurai to the base of an obscure, very thin, ice climb that is aptly named, "Rookie Party", even though you know it's not likely climbable in the current conditions.
4. Allow said samurai to scratch around, while getting cold and scared (for him).
5. Finally, convince the samurai to wisely turn around, still earning him the "Bail of the Day!"
6. Don the skis to make cautious turns until something breaks (luckily just my will to keep rock skiing).
7. Walk a couple miles over snow dusted talus and cat tracks back to the car.
|Jared trying to decide if he really wants to commit to crappy rock, bad ice, and even worse pro.|
Making the right choice
All sarcasm aside, it was still a fun morning and once the ice fills in, we will be back for a great day of playing in the mountains.