Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 89, Timp South Summit

I woke up today at 4:59. Really I should say 5, but it was in the 4's. That doesn't happen too often, but it was a favor to Jason who was trying to get some skiing in before beginning his drive to Indiana. I met him at the Provo Canyon park 'n ride and we went back up to Aspen Grove for some more fun on Timp. At any point during the drive, if JD had agreed to go home to sleep some more and then get french toast at Kneader's, I would have turned around instantly. At any point during the first hour of hiking I would have done the same. The visibility was crappy and I was highly unmotivated today after so many days in a row of great skiing.

We put the skin track in up Primrose Cirque and kept thinking if the visibility gets any worse, we'll turn around. Next thing we knew, we were on the South summit of Timp. The clouds were always swirling and threatening but on top, we found sun, great views, and we were stoked.



Tomorrow just might be a Timp day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment